Beards have become a global style statement today, with men sporting beards with a myriad of styles and cuts worldwide. Growing one out can take some time and effort, especially if you are trying for the first time. However, it is not as difficult as it seems.
There are several beard growth products that you can buy. However, if you want to know how to grow a beard naturally, this blog is the answer. It details the factors affecting beard development and what you should do to get healthy growth naturally. There are also a few helpful tips to grow beard faster and a few beard myths that are simply not true. Read on to know more.
Several factors affect your beard development. These include:
- Genetic makeup: A lot of your beard growth depends on your genes. From the nature of the hair and density to follicle health and testosterone levels (the male hormone with an important beard growth effect), a lot of it is genetic.
- Skin care: If you care for your skin, your beard will reflect it. Proper dense growth is directly related to healthy and moisturised skin. Beard styling is also easier with healthy facial skin.
- Stress: Stress releases cortisol, affecting your health and your hair follicles. It is not good for your body or your beard.
Contrary to popular expectations, growing a luxurious mane does not need expensive products. While those certainly help, you can take several simple steps to improve your beard growth without them as well. Here’s how to grow a beard faster:
A balanced diet is the key
A healthy and balanced diet is good for your body, as well as for your beard. Vitamins D and B help with hair growth. Therefore, you can include food items with these vitamins in your diet to accelerate healthy growth. Whole grain cereals, fish, eggs, nuts, and meat are excellent sources of Vitamins D and A, which reactivate hair growth and promote hair health. Vitamins B, C, and E are also good for hair growth. The best beard growth products on the market include these vitamins in them.
Exercising regularly keeps you healthy. In addition, it is also great for your beard. Exercising improves blood circulation, stimulating growth in hair follicles. It also boosts testosterone release. This, in turn, stimulates beard growth.
Quality sleep- Your best friend
Good long sleep is crucial if you want your beard to thrive. Proper sleep helps your system flush toxins and rejuvenates the cells. It also boosts testosterone production, again improving hair growth. In fact, a 1987 study has unambiguously shown that sleep deprivation reduces beard growth!
Smoking has several adverse effects on the body. In addition, it also harms your beard prospects. Several chemicals in tobacco smoke cause inflammation and even DNA damage, practically destroying your chances of growing a healthy beard. It also impacts blood circulation, reducing nutrient flow to the hair follicles. So if you want a healthy luxurious mane, quit smoking today.
Cleanse your stress away!
Cleaning your skin is essential for healthy beard growth. Sweat, dirt, and pollution clog up the pores on the skin, leading to impaired beard formation and even ingrown hair. You have to exfoliate your skin properly, preferably using warm water. This will unblock the pores. Follow up with a face wash to remove dead cells and dirt from the surface, and your beard will be ready to grow and thrive.
Never forget to moisturise
Never forget to moisturise after a deep clean. A healthy, moisturised skin leans to a nourished and luxurious beard. You can use natural lotions and oils just after washing your face to lock the moisture in. Just make sure not to overdo it and clog up the pores once more with lotion.
While you can get a luxurious and healthy beard growth without using products, having them certainly helps. You can buy several beard care products made with natural elements that incorporate essential vitamins to promote hair growth.
Specialised products in a beard grooming kit include beard shampoo, beard and face wash, beard creams and oils for healthy growth. The Vasu Men’s care range of products is a great solution. The Greeko Man Beard Oil is enriched with almond and olive oils and contains vitamins for beard growth. Use it after a face wash and at night before going to bed to nourish and soften your beard. It also gives your beard a natural shine and smoothness, making it the luxurious mane you deserve to have. Brush your beard while applying beard oil to improve blood circulation and nutrient delivery to the follicles.
Here are a few tips to help with beard growth, especially if you are growing one for the first time:
- Patience is essential when growing a beard. The initial stubble may appear in patches and look strange. If you are tempted to shave off at this stage, resist the urge.
- You may also face slight itching and discomfort at the beginning. This is normal during growth. You can keep your face clean and moisturised to help with the itching.
- Let the beard grow till it reaches the length you want, then trim and shape it according to your style preference.
There are several myths you may have heard regarding your beard endeavour. Let us take a look at some of them:
- Shaving helps beard growth: Does shaving increase beard growth? No, it does not. You simply cut off the beard hair while shaving. It does not affect the follicles or the skin.
- Pills and supplements improve beard: While many supplements and medicines claim to improve beard growth, few actually do. Beard growth takes time and patience. So do not fall for those “how to grow beard faster in 7 days” advertisements.
- Patchy beard is bad news: All beards grow patchy initially. However, growth rates vary, and most of the time, patchy beards become fuller or concealed with further growth.
Growing a good beard is not a difficult task. Remember the pointers mentioned above on how to grow a beard naturally, and do not fall for the prevailing myths. Instead, follow best practices on beard growing and use quality beard products with natural ingredients. Exercise regularly, maintain a healthy diet and get adequate sleep for healthy beard growth. Be patient with your beard and avoid stress in general. These tips will help you on your journey to a glorious mane that suits your personality and brings out your own unique style.