Do you get hold of a chunk of hair every time your comb? Does your hair look like it’s come out straight from the oven? Dry and damaged hair can ruin your whole aesthetic appeal, making it unmanageable. More importantly, it can lead to a complete loss of hair if not managed properly.
This condition is usually caused by change in the porosity of your hair, the abilit to absorb and retain moisture. When the porosity is low, your hair becomes more vulnerable to dryness and damage. When your hair cuticles are tightly knotted together, it appears healthy and shiny. When they’re detached, they become dry and frizzy.
This is mostly a result of harsh hair care maintenance, bad dietary choices lacking essential nutrients, and stressful lifestyle choices.
Dry and Damaged Hair
- Take care of your hair very gently when it’s wet, since it’s at its most fragile state then.
- Choose shampoo, conditioner and other hair products according to your hair type.
- Go for organic hair products which help in bringing back the moisture content into your hair and avoid chemical infused items since they cause a lot of damage in the long term.
- Try not to wash your hair daily since wet hair strips the oils and makes it vulnerable to breakage and cuticle damage.
- Regular haircuts help your hair grow longer & prevent split ends.
- Keep an eye on your styling treatments and don’t go overboard on colors, straighteners, blow dryers, etc.
- Wear hats and scarf when you’re out and use protective serums or sprays to protect yourself from sun exposure and environmental elements.
- Make changes to your diet to include fruits and veggies that are rich in vitamins.
- Have a proper sleep schedule and exercise regularly