Skin Tanning is one of the major problems during summer. If you spend a lot of time in the sun, your skin will darken as a result of increased melanin production. There are also more dangerous risks caused by excessive sun exposure, including Skin cancer, Premature aging, and Eye damage.
Protect your skin from tan and darkness through the use of Natural remedies & necessary precautions as given below:
- Washing face every time you come from outside prevents pigmentation and removes tan.
- If possible avoid sun between 12 pm to 4 pm as sun rays are strongest during this time.
- Apply sunscreen creams and lotions on the skin at least 20 to 30 minutes before going out into the sun.
- Usage of sunglasses, hats and other accessories minimizes the UV radiations from reaching your body.
- Eat skin-friendly foods such as vegetables and fruits in the form of salads, steamed veggies, juices.
- Apply ice on the face once in a week washes down the tan up to a great extent.
- Do not use greasy moisturizers before going out as they cause further tanning when in sun.
- Drink plenty of healthy liquids like water/fruit juice/tender coconut water etc. to keep yourself hydrated.
Home Remedies For Sun Tan
Curd and Gram Flour Face Pack: Mix one tablespoon of Curd with one tablespoon of Gram flour. Apply on face and let it dry.
Potato and Lemon Juice Face Pack: Crush one Potato and strain juice from it. Add half teaspoon of Lemon juice and apply on face. Rinse off after 20 minutes.
Wheat Flour Face Pack: Take one tablespoon of Wheat floor. Add half teaspoon of Lemon juice and make paste by adding Rose water. Apply on face and rinse off when it gets dry.
Yogurt and Tomato Pack: Crush 1 Tomato in blender with one tablespoon of Lemon juice. To the mixture, add Yogurt and make a paste (you can also add Gram floor to make thick paste). Apply on face and rinse off after 15 to 20 minutes.
Bitter Gourd: Grind half Bitter gourd (remove seeds) and make its paste. Add 4 to 5 drops of Almond oil. Apply on face and wash off after half an hour.
Pineapple and Honey Face Mask: Crush some pieces of Pineapple. Add one teaspoon of Honey to it and make its paste. Apply pack on face and wash off after half hour.
Orange Juice and Yogurt Face Pack: Grind some dried Orange peel. Mix it with one tablespoon of Curd. Apply it on face and rinse off after 30 minutes.
Sandal wood and Rosewater Face Pack: Mix one tablespoon of Sandal wood powder with Rose water to make its paste. Apply on face and let it dry.
Oat Meal and Butter Milk Pack: Grind 2 tablespoon of Oat Meal with one tablespoon of Buttermilk. Apply on face and rinse off after 15 minutes.