Skin is another name for beauty. Healthy and glowing skin defines a happy and beautiful mind. For almost every woman, beautiful and healthy skin is the topmost priority. Skin care should be practiced at any age; the earlier we start to take care of our facial skin, the longer it will look young and healthy.
Some of the leading factors that take a toll on the quality and texture of your skin are stress, lack of sleep, poor nutrition, pollution, damage from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, excessive smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Taking in the right amount of nutrients and vitamins is beneficial for clear skin. Food containing Protein like fish, white meat, nuts, brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat and vegetables like broccoli, tomato and beets are very good for healthy & glowing skin.
- Digestive problems could result in skin impurities; hence, try to avoid processed and canned food. Consume Omega-3 fatty acids which is found in Walnuts, Salmon and Soybeans. Eat plenty of healthy food to keep your skin glowing. More intake of fruits and vegetables will leave you with spotless, clear skin.
- Nuts contain Vitamin-E and Co-enzyme Q10 which accelerate the process of regeneration and nutrition of skin cells.
- Water is the best way to purify the skin as it keeps your skin hydrated. Drinking at least 2 liters per day gives the skin a bright, noticeable change in less than a week.
- Avoid going out in the sun during afternoon. The UV rays are quite strong and they not only damage the texture of the skin, but over exposure to these rays can result in skin cancer.
- Cleanse your face 2-3 times a day, washing your face more than this can result in dryness. Use cold water to cleanse your face after washing it, as warm water opens the pores which allow bacteria and dirt to enter into them.
- Leave Stress behind.
- Get rid of makeup before you sleep.
- Start medication and yoga. Some specific yoga exercises like Sarvangasana, Uttanasana, Bharadvaja’s twist, Matsyasana, Tadasana are quite helpful in improving skin complexion.
Home Remedies For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Papaya Face Pack: Take a few pieces of ripe papaya and add one teaspoon of Multani mitti (Fuller’s earth) with two teaspoons of honey and make a paste. Apply on face and rinse off when it dries completely.
Cod Liver Oil: Prick the Cod Liver oil capsules and apply the oil present inside on the face and neck. Massage it for two to three minutes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes. Rinse-off with water. You can also use cleanser to avoid oily skin.
Carrot Juice Recipe: Grind 4-6 Carrots with small pieces of peeled Ginger, add few drops of Lemon juice and water. Apply paste and rinse off after half an hour.
Milk Powder, Honey and Almond Oil Face pack: Take one tablespoon of Milk powder. Add half teaspoon of Almond oil with one teaspoon of Honey. Mix it properly and apply on face. Rinse off after half an hour.
Wheat Flour Face Pack: Take one tablespoon of wheat flour and make a paste by adding appropriate amount of Rose water. Add 5 to 6 drops of Lemon juice. Apply on face, rinse off when it dries.
Besan (Bengal Gram Flour) and Turmeric Face Pack: This is a well-known face pack and results are too effective. Take one tablespoon of Besan (Gram flour), add one teaspoon of Lemon juice with half teaspoon of Turmeric powder. Make a paste by adding appropriate amount of Rose water. Apply on face and rinse off after half an hour.
Oat Meal and Butter Milk: Grind two tablespoon of Oatmeal with one tablespoon of Buttermilk or Curd. Apply on face and rinse after half an hour.