Pimples have the bad tendency of popping out right before a special occasion which makes you feel too embarrassing. No matter how much a perfect skin you are blessed with, but acne deteriorates your skin. It happens when pores get blocked due to sebum, bacteria or excessive oily skin, dead skin and the oils from the pores get stuck within, resulting into the formation of the zit, which turns to painful pimple or acne.
Getting rid of acne overnight, actually seems like the ultimate skin goal for every person suffering from it. Instead of wasting money on expensive treatments for acne, here are some simple home remedies
Some factors that cause acne are:
- Hormonal changes
- Excessive oily skin
- Oil-based heavy makeup
- Dandruff & Oily scalp
- Improper diet
HOME REMEDIES FOR ACNE
- Cleanse your skin gently with a mild soap. Avoid scrubbing. Remove all dirt or make-up before sleeping at night. Avoid repeated skin washing. Wash the face twice or thrice a day.
- Use steam or warm moist compresses to open up clogged pores.
- Use a clean cloth to dry the face every day to prevent bacterial infection.
- Avoid touching the face often. Wash your hands before and after caring for skin lesions to reduce the chances of infection
- Keep your napkins separate.
- Keep your scalp clean and dandruff-free, as oily scalp tends to give rise to acne.
- Some cases of acne are triggered by high-glycemic foods, such as: White bread, White potatoes, Processed foods, Sugary foods, Rice, junk food.
- Animal fats are a great enemy of healthy skin. Eat green and yellow vegetables.
- Get plenty of sleep and keep regular hours.
- Avoid smoking and drinking too much tea, coffee or alcohol.
- Avoid oil- based cosmetics. Use water-based or ‘noncomedogenic’ formulas.
Nutmeg Pack: Take 2 tbsp. Honey. Add 1 tsp of Nutmeg powder with 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder and 5 to 6 drops of Lemon. Apply on face and wash off with water when dried.
Garlic: Crush raw Garlic and apply on acne several times a day, it helps in relieving the pain and also heals acne fast.
Neem: Crush fresh 5 to 6 leaves of Neem. Add 5 to 6 drops Lemon juice and apply on acne. It will help in removing stubborn acne.
Lemon: Steam clean the face. Boil water take it off from gas and add 4 tbsp Lemon juice. Cover with a towel over your head to trap the steam. This will loosen the dirt and oil. Then apply a cotton ball to remove the dirt and oil build-up. This will help to prevent pimples.
Basil leaves (Tulsi): Crush 6 to 7 Basil Leaves and half teaspoon of Camphor powder. Apply on the acne. Instead of Basil leaves, you can also use Mint leaves.
Turmeric: Make a paste of Turmeric to apply directly on pimples to reduce their size and redness.
Onion: Take an onion and cut it into several pieces, grind them and then, separate the juice from the smashed onions. Apply this mixture on the affected areas of the skin; allow the mixture to remain on the skin for a few minutes and then rinse off with water. This will help in gradually decreasing scar of acne.
Neem and Papaya paste: Crush 4 to 5 Neem leaves and some Papaya pieces make it paste and apply on face. Wash off after 30 minutes. Neem will help to cure pimple while Papaya will help to lighten the scar.